Friday, October 26, 2012

Thoughts On Cyber Bullying & A Card For You!


Hello Everyone...
Amazing how quickly time passes, isn’t it?  When I created my blog, I vowed to post my artwork and some quick little tutorials on a regular basis.  As much as I would love to create something everyday, Lupus & Scleroderma has stolen my ability to do so. Because of so many of you, I am able to continue my passion for scrapbooking while living vicariously through scrapbook videos, blogs & facebook groups.  I appreciate the time and effort that goes into every video.  I realize that some of you have recently become discouraged due to cruel & heartless cyber bullying.  While some of this may be attributed to petty jealousy and total lack of self control. There will always be a few who take great joy in negative attention. 
I want to thank every one of you for touching my life and thousands of others from all over the world.  Hugs!
Okay, time to share a cute little card I made just for you!  For a vintage look, craft paper was my choice for the base.  Simply can't get enough of Prima's Fairy Belle Paper Collection, by the very talented Jodie Lee! http://www.etsy.com/shop/jodieleedesigns?ref=seller_info_count
How fun is it to use Glimmer Mist and Tim Holtz Distress Inks to dye your seam binding and other fabrics to match your paper, also perfect for those little butterfly paper punches!  Bet you'd never guess that the metal key and heart are from Marion Smith's Prima Trinket Collection??? http://www.marionsmithdesigns.com  For those of you who love to alter metals...Have you tried using Pearl Alcohol Inks, Gesso and your heat gun?  (For your safety, please place your items in a tin pie plate)...we don't want a fire.  The distressed rust color is the burned alcohol ink, isn't it awesome!!!  Once your metal has cooled down, it's a good idea to spray it with a sealant.  I can't tell you how much I love this look!  If you're into shabby chic, you will too!  The little frame is from Crafty Secrets, the dressform and tiny flowers are from Maya Road, the beautiful little vintage girl is from MadebyJanet on Etsy, the sentiment stamp is from Stampin Up and the trim is from JoAnn Fabrics!
Please remember to give your favorite you tube artist's a little extra love & hugs!  As always, thanks so much for stopping by! Would love to have you join my blog and leave a little comment! Hugs!!!

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished