Saturday, October 6, 2012

Vintage Glamour!

Sadly, several months ago my laptop which contained all of my digital art, died.  I wasn't too worried as I had Carbonite.  I knew I would be in for a lot of work transferring everything to a new computer but in the end, it would be okay...wouldn't it?  It wasn't the first laptop to die on me.  I had certainly been through this before.  Actually, I'd had two other laptops backed up with Carbonite.  What I didn't realize was... this was completely different.  I had the usual C drive but also had a G and an F drive, which was where I stored most of my digital stuff.  Carbonite backed up my C drive and that was about  it.  In the fine print, it says you should tell them exactly what you want backed up.  I'd known for a few weeks that my computer wasn't feeling well and had started making CD's of some of my digital art but believe me, it wasn't close to what I'd had.  May I just say, lesson learned!

I've been a Prima fan for a long time and absolutely love Jodie Lee's designs.  I've recently become aware of her digital designs which can be found on Facebook at Gypsy Chick Designs. In this layout I've used paper and brushes from the French Market Collection,Vintage Brush Club Collection and Vintage Photo Textures Collection. Also used were embellishments, paper and a frame from The Shabby Blanc Collection, designed by Brandy Murry and embellishments from Crafty Secrets Digital Designs.

This photo of my daughter, Jamie has such a vintage feel to it, I couldn't wait to design a layout around it!

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished