Monday, July 29, 2013

How Time Flies!

How is it possible that my youngest daughter will turn 20 y.o. tomorrow? No longer a teen, in what seems like the blink of an eye, she's become a beautiful young woman! I honestly couldn't be prouder!

Wanting to make something special but needing to keep it simple, I decided to make her a little pouch, which would be perfect as a money or gift card holder. I'd seen Marion Smith and Steff Miller make these several times and always loved the way they looked. I used a black Celebration bag from Michaels, which was the perfect height to hold my Prima Doll Stamp. To cover the pouch I used Marion Smith's Garment District Printables...love the muted vintage look! For the journaling spot I used Marion Smith's Cottage Chic Printables, decreasing the size to 3". I stamped the doll image on a Prima Julie Nutting Tag, then used My Minds Eye Papers for the dress as well as the doily, from Tim Holtz On The Edge Die. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the little wood bird is from Prima, which I distressed with Prima Chalk Ink. I also used the chalk inks to distress my edges. I love the way it glides onto the paper, leaving the perfect amount of coverage...thank you, to Ingvild Bolme.

If you've not had a chance to play with the Prima Doll Stamps, take a few minutes, relax and give it a try! Can't wait to see what you create!
Take a little time each day to enjoy doing what you love! As always, thank you so much for stopping by!  I'd love it if you'd leave a comment and join my blog! Have a wonderful day!

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished