Monday, July 1, 2013

Never Too Old To Play With Paper Dolls!


Thought I'd share a mixed media tag made with one of my favorite Prima Doll Stamps!  Is designer Julie Nutting a Rock Star or what!!!  No doubt many of us grew up playing with paper dolls.  Finding the perfect outfit and accessories was such fun.  Seeing these stamps immediately took me back to my childhood, I couldn't wait to start playing.  I decided my first project would be a Mother's Day tag, perfect for the Mom who has everything and still loves to receive handmade items from her adult child!


The background tag was made with the Prima Divine Collection by Jodie Lee.  The paper became difficult to see once I began using my beautiful Prima Stencil with moulding paste.  I then sprayed the tag with Glimmer Mist.  The doll was then stamped on a tag sheet, designed by Julie.  These are the perfect size and made to be used with the doll stamps.  After cutting the doll out, I stamped a second time on the paper I chose for her dress.  To color her hair and shoes I simply used a paint brush, Tim Holtz Distress Inks and water to dilute the colors.  I also used a  Cherry Lynn Doily Die, Prima lace trim and bling, large pink flower and ruffled netted trim from Maya Road, flowers and butterfly from Wild Orchid Crafts, and finally the floral fabric trim from Websters Pages.

I really enjoyed making this project as much as my Mom loved receiving it on Mother's Day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  As always, I'd love to hear from you!  Please feel free to leave a comment!

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished